For over five years, I’ve been chronicling my transition and what it means to live in a world where my non-binary gender does not exist. In the process, I’ve become a published writer, an expert advocate, and an engaging educator.
My site neutrois.me has become a popular hub for thoroughly researched information, easy to understand resources, and my personal chronicles with transition. It is widely shared among the trans community, with 18K+ followers.
Aside from panels and speaking opportunities, I present my own content at professional conferences aimed at providers. My knowledge is sought after by people in the midst of their own transition process as much as by leading practitioners in the field.
Currently I’m working as a consultant among various domains of transgender health, including education, resource creation, growth and operations strategy, program deployment, and organization development.
In my previous life I was a software engineer, UI designer, and product manager in the tech industry.
Workshops and Trainings
Gender Odyssey, Professional track (for medical providers)
- Non-Binary Transition (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Understanding Non-Binary Identities, Youth (2015, 2016)
Gender Odyssey, Community/Adult track
- Non-Binary Transition (2012, 2013)
- Asexuality 101 Panel (2013)
- Non-Binary Transition (2012, 2013, 2016)
- Non-Binary Discussion, Moderator (2013)
- Understanding Non-Binary Identities (2012, Teen Track)
- Simultaneous Spanish translation for sessions (2012, 2013)
- Expert panelist in the Forum for Recognition of Transgender Rights in Mexico City
- Volunteer speaker for SF LGBT Speaker’s Bureau at local schools
- Various local trainings, consultation for educational materials and media articles
University of Pennsylvania
BSE, Computer Science and Design
Magna Cum Laude
- Non-Binary Anthology, in progress
- Explaining Genderqueer To Those Who Are Not, Huffington Post, 2016
- Don’t Dismiss Me For Being Genderqueer, Huffington Post, 2015
- What the Ruby Rose Obsession Misses About “Gender Fluid” Lives, The Advocate, 2015
- These 5 Myths Might Be Holding You Back From Non-Binary Transition, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- The Gender Playbook: A Guide to Figuring Out Your Non-Binary Identity, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- No Transition Template, NY Times Transgender Today, June 2015
- Manning Up: Transsexual Men on Finding Brotherhood, Family and Themselves, Transgress Press, 2013
- Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource For the Transgender Community, Oxford University Press