Workshops and Trainings
Aside from panels and speaking opportunities, I present my own content at national transgender conferences. Most notably I’ve led sessions at Gender Odyssey (2012-2016), Philadelphia Trans Health (2012, 2013, 2016), and Gender Spectrum (2012, 2013), among others.
As a transgender health consultant, I’ve created trainings for medical professionals on a range of topics, from basic trans 101 to trans adolescents to nonbinary transition (my favorite, of course). I’m also involved in clinical research, conducting literature reviews and designing original studies, as well as organizational strategy for trans health program development.
Talk to me about new opportunities.
I’m open to being featured in or provide consultation for media dealing with transgender topics. Contact me and include all relevant information about yourself as a journalist, the publication, and the article in question.
A non-exhaustive list of articles, documentaries, interviews, photoseries of which I’ve been the subject.
- Three To Infinity: Documentary on Non-Binary Gender
- Women’s Health: 3 People Define Their Gender Fluidity
- New York Times Magazine: Redefining Gender in Mexico City (also in Spanish)
- Radio Ambulante: Finding the Words radio interview in Spanish (listen/watch with English subtitles), or the English transcript.
- Psychology Today: None of the Above
- Refinery29: I Want To Support My Trans* Best Friend — But I’m Not Sure How!
- Photography series by Chloe Aftel, featured in Refinery29, Vocativ, Feature Shoot, PolicyMic, HuffPo, among others
- Vanity Fair (Italia): Non sono né donna, né uomo
- San Francisco Magazine: The Shadow Sex
- Huffington Post: Asexuality: The ‘X’ In A Sexual World, 6 part series on Asexuality
- Huffington Post Live: Love Without Sex (LIVE)
- Huffington Post Live: Asexuality ‘Just Another Spectrum In Sexuality,’ Dating Just Requires Communication (VIDEO)
- NY Mag, The Cut: Neither Man Nor Woman: Meet the Agender
- The Frisky: “Agender”: Neither Man Nor Woman, But Definitely Fabulous
- The Frisky: Some Transgender Kids Have It More Figured Out Than The Rest Of Us
- Explaining Genderqueer To Those Who Are Not, Huffington Post, 2016
- Don’t Dismiss Me For Being Genderqueer, Huffington Post, 2015
- What the Ruby Rose Obsession Misses About “Gender Fluid” Lives, The Advocate, 2015
- These 5 Myths Might Be Holding You Back From Non-Binary Transition, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- The Gender Playbook: A Guide to Figuring Out Your Non-Binary Identity, Everyday Feminism, 2015
- No Transition Template, NY Times Transgender Today, June 2015
- Non-Binary Anthology, Co-Editor, in progress with a major academic press
- Manning Up: Transsexual Men on Finding Brotherhood, Family and Themselves, Transgress Press, 2013
- Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource For the Transgender Community, Oxford University Press, 2015